Morgantown Area Grand Prix
2007 Award Winners at the MAGP banquet, February 26, 2008
HELPING LOCAL CHARITABLE and
ABOUT THE SERIES
- The 2007 MAGP consists of two different race series: Ten 5Ks make up
the SPRINT SERIES and ten longer events make up the ENDURANCE SERIES.
Each series is open to runners in the listed races. Just run a race and
youíre automatically entered in the series. You may participate in both
- Scheduled races & race dates are subject to change. Reasonable
efforts will be made to notify series entrants if & when such
changes occur. Grand Prix officials do not assume responsibility for
date changes or cancellations of affiliate races.
- Your final score will be the total points for your best 6 races in
each series. Each series is scored independently. You must run 6 of a
series races to be eligible for year-end awards for that series.
- Guidelines issued by the West Virginia Secondary School Activities
Commission limit the type of awards that students may accept to plaques,
trophies, certificates, etc. To protect the status of student athletes,
all entrants who are enrolled in grades 6 through 12 at the end of the
year will be ineligible to receive any series competition award of
THE GRAND PRIX MISSION
The object of the series is to promote increased participation in
member races and, as a result, heighten the awareness of and funding for
various race-supported causes. With continued support of area runners and
event sponsors the Grand Prix strives to continue our success.
- Individuals who complete 8 out of the 10 races in either series will
receive a commemorative award at the end of the year.
- The top 10 male and female finishers in each series will receive
championship awards at the end of the year.
- The male and female overall winners in each series will receive free
registration at the respective 2008 MAGP events.
- Awards will be given for the best age-graded performances
(male/female) at the 5K, 10K, and half marathon distances.
THE POINT SYSTEM
ever wanted to know about Age Grading Running Races is here: http://www.eliteracingsystems.com/2007_roadraces_results/agegrade.html. Use the
Grading Race Calculator.
Become a Member of the Morgantown Roadrunners, WV
- Receive Footnotes (monthly newsletter).
- Receive applications for local/area races.
- As a member you may participate in group training runs and
handicapped club races.
- Reasonably priced dues: Individual - $15, Family - $25, Student -
- Get yourself a club membership form (Word Document) and join today!
Morgantown Roadrunners/WV Track Club
P.O. Box 4159
Morgantown, WV 26504
Thank you MP&B for providing
printing services for the MAGP.
MAGP CONTACT: If you have questions or need
more information contact:|
Rocky Kimble at (304) 291-3381
or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org