2010 MAGP SERIES
The Morgantown Roadrunners/WV Track Club extend SPECIAL THANKS to iPlayOutside.com for making a generous contribution to the 2010 MAGP series.
View past Series Standings, Points, Coverage, Photos, and Results:
HELPING LOCAL CHARITABLE and COMMUNITY SERVICE ORGANIZATIONS/CAUSES
The 2010 Morgantown Area Grand Prix (MAGP) Series is presented by the Morgantown Roadrunners/WV Track Club.
Sponsored by iPlayOutside.com
This year, iPlayOutside has dontated money to get the series rolling again. The iPlay Crew will be at many MAGP events taking photos, writing stories, and dishing out well deserved high-fives.
Get a copy of the 2010 brochure + series application.
Become a Member of the Morgantown Roadrunners, WV Track Club:
- Get yourself a club membership form and join today!
- Members receive Footnotes (monthly newsletter).
- Members receive applications for local/area races.
- As a member you may participate in group training runs and handicapped club races.
- Reasonably priced dues.
Morgantown Roadrunners/WV Track Club
P.O. Box 4159, Morgantown, WV 26504
THE MAGP GRAND PRIX MISSION
The object of this series is to promote increased participation in member races and, as a result, heighten awareness of and funding for the various race-supported causes. With the continued support of area runners and event sponsors, the Grand Prix strives to continue our success.
- The 2010 MAGP consists of eight different races, ranging in distance from 5k to 13.1 miles. You are automatically entered in the series.
- Your final score will be the total points for your best 4 races in the series.
- You must run 4 races to be eligible for year-end awards.
- Scheduled races and race dates are subject to change. Reasonable efforts will be made to notify series entrants if and when such changes occur. Grand Prix officials do not assume responsibility for date changes or cancellations of affiliate races.
- Guidelines issued by the West Virginia Secondary School Activities Commission limit the type of awards that students may accept to plaques, trophies, certificates, etc. To protect the status of student athletes, all entrants who are enrolled in grades 6 through 12 at the end of the year will be ineligible to receive any series competition award of monetary value.
THE POINT SYSTEM
- Age Graded Points . . . We are using the WMA age grading system. Your time will be age graded using factors that depend upon your age and the distance of the race. We then take the theoretical world record (for the distance, your age & sex) and divide it by your time to get a percentage. We multiply by 100 to get an integer. Points will be rounded to the nearest whole number for display purposes, but fractions of points will be used to determine the standings.
- Example . . .
If a 10-year-old male runs a 10K in 42:30 (2550 seconds) his score is 1972/2550 x 100 = 77
If a 55-year-old female runs a 10K in 47:50 (2870 seconds) her score is 2219/2870 x 100 = 77
The result is a tie.
- WMA Age Grading System . . . Everything you ever wanted to know about "age grading running races" is at:
http://www.eliteracingsystems.com/2007_roadraces_results/agegrade.html. Use the Age Grading Race Calculator.
- Bonus . . . Morgantown Roadrunner, WV Track Club members receive 3 points per race. You must be a club member prior to June 30, 2010. Club points will be awarded for all races run prior to and after the deadline. Memberships are good for the calendar year. See how to become a member below.
- Participation . . . For every mile raced in the series you will receive 1 point. This is not limited to your top six races. Kilometers are converted to miles and rounded down for each race.
- Individuals who complete 6 out of the 8 races in the series will receive a participation award at the end of the year.
- The top 10 male and female finishers in the series will receive championship awards at the end of the year.
- The male and female overall winners in the series will receive free registration at the respective 2011 MAGP events and free registration to the 2010 Snowflake 5k and Awards Ceremony.
2010 SERIES CONTACTS
If you have questions please contact officers of the MR/WVTC:
phone: (304) 692-6351
Club President and Snowflake Sprint 5K Race Director
phone: (304) 296-7988