The Morgantown Area Grand Prix (MAGP) Series
Get a copy of the 2011 brochure + series application.
HELPING LOCAL CHARITABLE and COMMUNITY SERVICE ORGANIZATIONS/CAUSES
The 2011 Morgantown Area Grand Prix (MAGP) Series is presented by the Morgantown Roadrunners/WV Track Club.
View past MAGP Series Standings, Points, Coverage, Photos, and Results:
2011 MAGP SERIES DETAILS
The object of this series is to promote increased participation in member races and, as a result, heighten awareness of and funding for the various race-supported causes.
- You are automatically entered in the series once you run in a series race.
- There are 9 different races that vary in distance from 5k to 13.1 miles.
- Your final score will be the total points for your best 6 races in the series. You must run 6 races to be eligible for year-end awards. You are encouraged to run as many as you can.
- Guidelines issued by the West Virginia Secondary School Activities Commission limit the type of awards that students may accept to plaques, trophies, certificates,etc. To protect the status of student athletes, all entrants who are enrolled in grades 6 through 12 at the end of the year will be ineligible to receive any series competition award of monetary value.
- Scheduled races and race dates are subject to change. Reasonable efforts will be made to notify series entrants if and when such changes occur. Grand Prix officials do not assume responsibility for date changes or cancellations of affiliate races.
THE POINT SYSTEM
- Age Graded Points . . . We are using the WMA age grading system. Your time will be age graded using factors that depend upon your age and the distance of the race. We then take the theoretical world record (for the distance, your age & sex) and divide it by your time to get a percentage. We multiply by 100 to get an integer. Points will be rounded to the nearest whole number for display purposes, but fractions of points will be used to determine the standings.
- Example . . .
If a 10-year-old male runs a 10K in 42:30 (2550 seconds) his score is 1972/2550 x 100 = 77
If a 55-year-old female runs a 10K in 47:50 (2870 seconds) her score is 2219/2870 x 100 = 77
The result is a tie.
- Bonus . . . Morgantown Roadrunner, WV Track Club members receive 3 points per race. You must be a club member prior to June 30, 2011. Club points will be awarded for all races run prior to and after the deadline. Memberships are good for the calendar year.
- Participation . . . For every mile raced in the series you will receive 1 point. This is not limited to your top 6 races. Kilometers are converted to miles and rounded down for each race.
- Individuals who complete 7 out of the 9 races in the series will receive a participation award at the end of the year.
- The top 10 male and female finishers in the series will receive championship awards at the end of the year.
- The male and female overall winners in the series will receive free registration at the respective 2012 MAGP events and free registration to the 2012 Snowflake 5k and Awards Ceremony.
Series awards will be presented at the Snowflake Sprint 5K.
When: December 4, 2011
Where: Krepps Park in Morgantown, WV [ Google Map ]
Details: The Snowflake 5k is NOT part of the 2011 MAGP Series, but will provide a festive atmosphere for the series award ceremony, which will occur after the race. Free entry for this race to the top male and female runners of the 2011 MAGP Series. The course is rolling, 3.1 miles through the Suncrest area of Morgantown starts and ends at Krepps Park. This race, held by Morgantown Roadrunners/WV Track Club, is their final race of the year. Hot food and beverages are provided after the race.
Snowflake Contact: Bob Baker (phone) 304-296-7988
2011 SERIES CONTACT
phone: (304) 692-6351
Become a Member of the Morgantown Roadrunners, WV Track Club:
- Get yourself a club membership form and join today!
- Members receive Footnotes (monthly newsletter).
- Members receive applications for local/area races.
- As a member you may participate in group training runs and handicapped club races.
- Reasonably priced dues.
Morgantown Roadrunners/WV Track Club
P.O. Box 4159, Morgantown, WV 26504