The Morgantown Area Grand Prix (MAGP) Series
View past MAGP Series Standings, Points, Coverage, Photos, and Results:
HELPING LOCAL CHARITABLE and COMMUNITY SERVICE ORGANIZATIONS/CAUSES
The 2013 Morgantown Area Grand Prix (MAGP) Series is presented by the Morgantown Roadrunners/WV Track Club (membership form).
MAGP SERIES DETAILS
The object of this series is to promote increased participation in member races and, as a result, heighten awareness of and funding for the various racesupported causes. With the continued support of area runners and event sponsors, the Grand Prix strives to continue our success.
- The Series consists of ten different races ranging in distance from 5k to 13.1 miles.
- You are automatically entered in the series once you run in a series race.
- Scheduled races and race dates are subject to change. Reasonable efforts will be made to notify series entrants if and when such changes occur. Grand Prix officials do not assume responsibility for date changes or cancellations of affiliate races.
- Your final score will be the total points for your best 7 races in the series. You must run 6 races to be eligible for year-end awards. You are encouraged to run as many as you can.
- Guidelines issued by the West Virginia Secondary School Activities Commission limit the type of awards that students may accept to plaques, trophies, certificates,etc. To protect the status of student athletes, all entrants who are enrolled in grades 6 through 12 at the end of the year will be ineligible to receive any series competition award of monetary value.
THE POINT SYSTEM
- Age Graded Points . . . We are using the WMA age
grading system. Your time will be age graded using
factors that depend upon your age and the distance of
the race. We then take the theoretical world record (for
the distance, your age & sex) and divide it by your time
to get a percentage. We multiply by 100 to get an
integer. Points will be rounded to the nearest whole
number for display purposes, but fractions of points will
be used to determine the standings.
- Example . . .
If a 10-year-old male runs a 10K in 42:30 (2550 seconds) his score is 1972/2550 x 100 = 77
If a 55-year-old female runs a 10K in 47:50 (2870 seconds) her score is 2219/2870 x 100 = 77
The result is a tie.
- Bonus . . . Morgantown Roadrunner, WV Track Club
members receive 3 points per race. You must be a club
member prior to June 30, 2013. Club points will be
awarded for all races run prior to and after the deadline.
Memberships are good for the calendar year.
- Participation . . . For every mile raced in the series you will receive 1 point. This is not limited to your top six races. Kilometers are converted to miles and rounded down for each race.
- Individuals who complete 7 out of the 10 races in the series will receive a participation award at the end of the year.
- The top 10 male and female finishers in the series will receive championship awards at the end of the year.
- The male and female overall winners in the series will receive free registration to the 2013 Snowflake 5K and Awards Ceremony and free registration at all respective 2014 MAGP events.
Series awards will be presented at the Snowflake Sprint 5K. For more information, go to the Snowflake Sprint events page.
2013 SERIES CONTACT
phone: (304) 692-6351
Become a Member of the Morgantown Roadrunners, WV Track Club:
- Get yourself a club membership form and join today!
- Members receive Footnotes (monthly newsletter).
- Members receive applications for local/area races.
- As a member you may participate in group training runs and handicapped club races.
- Reasonably priced dues.
Morgantown Roadrunners/WV Track Club
P.O. Box 4159, Morgantown, WV 26504