Sunday, August 7, 2016 -- Morgantown, WV / Gene's Place, South Park
Gene's Run For Special Olympics WV - MAGP #9
2016 Registration. . .
- Print [ Entry Form ] (pdf file)
- $25.00 if paid by July 31, and $26.00 thereafter and on race day
- Run Starts 6:00 p.m
- Race day registration will be at 4:30, in the parking lot at the corner of Wilson Avenue and Green Street.
- All participants will receive a FREE T-SHIRT, but only pre-registered entrants guaranteed one on race day.
- Random prize drawing for all registered runners & walkers.
* Morgantown Area Grand Prix Series Event *
The Morgantown Area Grand Prix (MAGP) is open to runners only, but walkers can participate in listed races. The series helps local charitable and community service organizations and causes. View races/rules on the MAGP Series page.
The four-mile course starts in the Greenmont section of Morgantown, winds through South Park to White Park and returns to a blazing downhill finish in front of Gene's Place. Successfully overcoming the challenge of a combination of summer heat and a rolling course will reward finishers with free suds, soft drinks and fruit, courtesy of Gene's, as well as the satisfaction of running for a good cause.
The Special Olympics of West Virginia, providing year-round sports training and competition in a variety of well-coached, Olympics-type sports for children and adults who are mentally challenged.
Events ... 4-Mile Run and Fun Walk
Open to everyone. Run starts at 6:00 PM and the walk immediately after.
Runners Overall Awards - 1st, 2nd, 3rd for Male and Female.
Runners Age Group Awards
All trophies donated by Champion Trophy and Awards! The number of awards for both male and female runners are indicated below in parenthesis following each age category:
* These are subject to change * 10& U (1) 30-34 (3) 55-59 (3) 11-14 (2) 35-39 (3) 60-64 (3) 15-19 (3) 40-44 (3) 65-69 (3) 20-24 (3) 45-49 (3) 70& + (2) 25-29 (3) 50-54 (3)
Fun Walk Overall Awards - 1st, 2nd, 3rd for Male and Female.
Gene's Place & Beer Garden
461 Wilson Avenue
Morgantown, WV 26501 ... [ Google Map ]
Take exit 4 off I-68, west on Rt. 7 to Morgantown and follow the signs.
Course // Paved neighborhood streets and one short brick road.
- Assembly Point: Gene's parking lot, Wilson and Green
- Start at Green and Arch
- Continue on Wilson crossing Kingwood, Washington, Ash, Park and Grand
- Go past Morgantown High School and turn right onto Allison
- Left onto Wagner from Allison
- At the end of Wagner turn left onto Dorsey
- Up Dorsey and turn right onto West Virginia
- Left onto Leonard
- Left onto Madison
- Right onto Hite, continuing through White Park
- Right on Mississippi to Madigan
- Madigan to Barrickman
- Barrickman to Dorsey
- Return to Gene's, duplicating the starting route.
- Finish line: Wilson Avenue in front of Gene's at Alley.
|Start Date:||2016-08-07 Start Time: 6:00pm|
|Event Name:||Gene's Run For Special Olympics WV - MAGP #9|
Morgantown, WV 26501|
Gene's Place, South Park
Morgantown Area Grand Prix|