Saturday, September 17, 2016 -- Scottdale, PA
Scottdale Fall Festival 10K Run and 5K Run/Walk
- Print [ Entry Form ] pdf.
CASH AWARDS . . . This is Our 19th year!
PHOTOS . . . Race photos plus coverage will be provided by iPlayOutside!
Elks Lodge 777 Scottdale
149 Pittsburgh St
Scottdale, PA 15683 . . . [ Google Map ]
RACE DAY DETAILS
- Race at 2:30 PM, Tech shirts for Pre-Registered participants plus $3 festival food coupons.
- Early Registration/Pickup: Thursday 9/15, 5pm to 8pm at Gazebo, and Friday 9/16,5pm to 8pm at 224 Pittsburgh Street.
- Start and finish on Pittsburgh Street in front of the Elks Lodge.
- Sign-up is at the Festival Stage on Stoner Street (between the Elks and National City Bank) between 11:00 am and 2:25 pm. In case of inclement weather, sign-up will be at 226 Pittsburgh Street.
- Post Race Fruit and beverages will be served.
- The awards ceremony will be at the Festival Stage (sign-up site) ASAP after the race.
PARKING . . . Because of the 2:30 start parking will be at a premium (parade time between 12 noon and 1:15pm). We strongly advise you to come early and watch the parade or to come afterwards, although parking and traffic will still be problematic. Suggested parking is at the SES school (across from Loucks Park off of Chestnut Street) which is 1/2 a mile from the sign-up. Another option is to park on residential streets. Either way, please feel free to bring your gear/personal items with you and we will gladly hold them for you until after the race. If you are a walker or slower runner, please line up towards the rear at the start.
The Start/Finish line for 10K/5K is on Pittsburgh St. in front of the Elks. All participants will go west on Pittsburgh St., turn left onto Chestnut, left onto Market St., left onto Broadway sidewalk (west side) and left onto Pittsburgh St.
After passing Start/Finish, racers will continue up Pittsburgh St. to Park Ave, where the 5K runners/walkers will turn right then go right onto Homestead Ave.
The 10K runners will stay on Pittsburgh Street past the former Lake Forest Park, turn right onto Mt. Nebo Rd.(at stop sign) and right onto Homestead Ave. Both courses continue left onto Pittsburgh Street to the Finish line. The second water station in thee 10K will also have HEED sports drink.
Competitive Walk . NO Running
Race walking means you must have one foot on the ground at all times. There will be spotters on the course and anyone caught running will be disqualified!
Part of the Annual Scottdale Fall Festival 19-20, 2014
The Festival runs from Friday evening to Sunday evening. Opening ceremonies begin at 6:00 p.m. on Friday evening at the Gazebo which include a Dog Parade and Show! Then LIVE music. Saturday begins with the Parade at 12 noon. Enjoy food and craft vendors plus children's activities all three days.
For more festival information including schedule go to: www.scottdalefallfestival.org
|Start Date:||2016-09-17 Start Time: 2:30pm|
|Event Name:||Scottdale Fall Festival 10K Run and 5K Run/Walk|
Scottdale, PA 15683|
|Event Distance(s):||5K 10K 3.1mi 6.2mi|