Grand Prix 2004
HELPING AREA CHARITABLE &
COMMUNITY SERVICE ORGANIZATIONS & CAUSES
Changes for 2004:
Score best 6 of 12 races and new Age Points scoring (see below).
2004 Standings: [Men's] [Women's]
MAGP Series:         
- Individuals who complete 9 out of the 12 races will receive a commemorative award at the end of the year.
- The top 15 male and female finishers will receive championship awards at the end of the year.
- Competition awards, recognition awards and random prizes will be presented at a reception at a time and place to be announced.
THE GRAND PRIX MISSION
All of the member races of the Grand Prix benefit, directly or indirectly, a deserving community service organization. The object of this series is to promote increased participation in member races and, as a result, heighten public awareness of and funding for the various race-supported causes. This effort has met with tremendous success in the first six years of the Grand Prix's existence. Participation in events that were series races from 1998 through 2003 increased by 60% over that of the year before the series began. At an average of almost 500 additional participants per year, this translates into a contribution of approximately $24,000 over the six-year period for the recipient organizations. With the continued support of area runners and event sponsors, the Grand Prix will strive to improve upon this achievement in 2004.
MORE SERIES DETAILS
- It's FREE!!!
- Participation in the 2004 Grand Prix is limited to runners only.
- You must complete a separate registration form to enter the Grand Prix. Entry forms will be available at all of the first 7 series races. Once you enter, you are in for the year. Points will not be awarded retroactively for a race if you enter the series after the date of that race.
- Scheduled races & race dates are subject to change. Reasonable efforts will be made to notify series entrants if & when such changes occur. Grand Prix officials do not assume responsibility for date changes or cancellations of affiliate races.
- Your final score will be the total points for your best 6 races. You must run 6 of the series races to be eligible for year end awards.
- In the event of a tie score among the top finishers at the end of the series, the place of finish will be determined by the runner who has accumulated the most points for all races run (not just points for the top 6 races).
- Guidelines issued by the West Virginia Secondary School Activities Commission limit the type of awards that students may accept to plaques, trophies, certificates, etc. To protect the status of student athletes, all entrants who are enrolled in grades 6 through 12 at the end of the year will be ineligible to receive any series competition award of monetary value.
- Finish Points = Your percentile place of finish. For example, if you win a race you would receive 100 points. If you finish in the middl e of the pack, you would receive 50 points, etc. Percentiles will be rounded up to the nearest whole number for each race.
- Bonus Points = You will receive 3 points per race if you are a member of the Morgantown Roadrunners/West Virginia Track Club (more info). You must become a club member before you will be awarded points for a race.
- Age Points = You will receive three-fourths (.75) point for each year your age (as of 1/1/04) is over or under age 35. All fractions are rounded up.
An Example A race has 150 finishers - - Runner A is 47 years old, finishes in 15th place, and is a WVTC member - Runner B is 27 years old, finishes in 7th place and is not a WVTC member. Points for this race are calculated as follows:
- Members receive Footnotes, the club's monthly newsletter.
- Members receive applications for local races.
- Members may participate in group training runs and handicapped club races.
- Membership dues are reasonably priced: Individual - $15, Family -
$25, Student - $10.
Morgantown Roadrunners/WV Track Club
P.O. Box 4159
Morgantown, WV 26504
2004 SERIES SPONSORS
DECOY REDNECK: Herb, Root & Schroom Farm.
MORGANTOWN PRINTING & BINDING: Providing printing services for the MAGP.
GOT QUESTIONS? WANT MORE INFORMATION?
Rocky Kimble: (304) 291-3381 or firstname.lastname@example.org