Grand Prix 2005
HELPING AREA CHARITABLE &
COMMUNITY SERVICE ORGANIZATIONS & CAUSES
Changes for 2005:
Score best 7 of 15 races, new Age Points scoring, and bonus points for participation (details below).
15-RACE SERIES SCHEDULE w/RECAPS & RESULTS
2005 Standings: [Men's] [Women's]
MAGP Series:         
- Individuals who complete 12 out of the 15 races will receive a commemorative award at the end of the year.
- The top 15 male and female finishers will receive championship awards at the end of the year.
- Competition awards, recognition awards and random prizes will be presented at a reception at a time and place to be announced.
THE GRAND PRIX MISSION
The object of this series is to promote increased participation in member races and, as a result, heighten public awareness of and funding for the various race-supported causes. This effort has met with tremendous success in the first seven years of the Grand Prix's existence. Participation in events that were series races from 1998 through 2004 increased by 60% over that of the year before the series began. At an average of almost 500 additional participants per year, this translates into a contribution of nearly $30,000 over the seven-year period for the recipient organizations. With the continued support of area runners and event sponsors, the Grand Prix will strive to improve upon this achievement in 2005.
MORE SERIES DETAILS
- It's FREE!!!
- Participation in the 2005 Grand Prix is limited to runners only.
- The 2005 MAGP is open to runners in the listed races. Entry forms will be available at all of the first 7 series races. Points will NOT be awarded retroactively for a race if you join after the date of that race.
- Scheduled races & race dates are subject to change. Reasonable efforts will be made to notify series entrants if & when such changes occur. Grand Prix officials do not assume responsibility for date changes or cancellations of affiliate races.
- Your final score will be the total points for your best 7 races, plus one point for each mile run in all series races. You must run 7 of the series races to be eligible for year end awards.
- In the event of a tie score among the top finishers at the end of the series, the place of finish will be determined by the runner who has accumulated the most points for all races run (not just points for the top 7 races).
- Guidelines issued by the West Virginia Secondary School Activities Commission limit the type of awards that students may accept to plaques, trophies, certificates, etc. To protect the status of student athletes, all entrants who are enrolled in grades 6 through 12 at the end of the year will be ineligible to receive any series competition award of monetary value.
- Finish Points = Your percentile place of finish. For example, if you win a race you would receive 100 points. If you finish in the middl e of the pack, you would receive 50 points, etc. Percentiles will be rounded up to the nearest whole number for each race.
- Age Points = You will receive one-half (.50) point for each year your age (as of 1/1/05) is over or under age 30. Every runner receives a minimum of 5 age points for each race. All fractions are rounded up.
- Bonus Points = 3 points per race for WV Track Club / Morgantown Roadrunner members (more info). You must be a club member prior to the event for points to be awarded. 2005 memberships are good for the calendar year.
- Participation Points = For every mile raced in the series you will receive 1 point. This is not limited to your top seven races. Runners who participate in all events will receive 72 points. Kilometers are converted to miles and rounded down for each race.
An Example A race has 100 finishers - Runner A is 47 years old, finishes in 20th place, and is a WVTC member - Runner B is 20 years old, finishes in 13th place and is not a WVTC member. Points for this race are calculated as follows:
- Members receive Footnotes, the club's monthly newsletter.
- Members receive applications for local races.
- Members may participate in group training runs and handicapped club races.
- Membership dues are reasonably priced: Individual - $15, Family - $25, Student - $10.
- Get yourself a club membership form (Word Doc)!
Morgantown Roadrunners/WV Track Club
P.O. Box 4159
Morgantown, WV 26504
2005 SERIES SPONSORS
MORGANTOWN PRINTING & BINDING: Providing printing services for the MAGP.
GOT QUESTIONS? WANT MORE INFORMATION?
Rocky Kimble: (304) 291-3381 or email@example.com