2006 Morgantown Area Grand Prix
HELPING AREA CHARITABLE &
COMMUNITY SERVICE ORGANIZATIONS & CAUSES
Changes for 2006: Score best 6 of 16 races, new Age Graded Points scoring, and NO Registration required to enter (details below).
16-RACE SERIES SCHEDULE w/RECAPS & RESULTS
2006 Standings: [Men's] [Women's]
MAGP Archives:        
- Individuals who complete 10 out of the 16 races will receive a commemorative award at the end of the year.
- The top 15 male and female finishers will receive championship awards at the end of the year.
- The 2006 male and female overall winners will receive free registration at all 2007 MAGP events.
- Awards will be given for the best age-graded performances (male/female) at the 5K, 10K, 15K, and half marathon distances.
THE GRAND PRIX MISSION
The object of this series is to promote increased participation in member races and, as a result, heighten public awareness of and funding for the various race-supported causes. This effort has met with tremendous success in the first eight years of the Grand Prix's existence. Participation in events that were series races from 1998 through 2005 increased by 58% over that of the year before the series began. At an average of almost 500 additional participants per year, this translates into a contribution of nearly $33,000 over the eight-year period for the recipient organizations. With the continued support of area runners and event sponsors, the Grand Prix will strive to improve upon this achievement in 2006.
MORE SERIES DETAILS
- It's FREE!!!
- The 2006 MAGP is open to runners in the listed races. Just run a race and you.re automatically entered in the series.
- Scheduled races & race dates are subject to change. Reasonable efforts will be made to notify series entrants if & when such changes occur. Grand Prix officials do not assume responsibility for date changes or cancellations of affiliate races.
- Your final score will be the total points for your best 6 races, plus one point for each mile run in all series races. You must run 6 of the series races to be eligible for year end awards.
- In the event of a tie score among the top finishers at the end of the series, the place of finish will be determined by the runner who has accumulated the most points for all races run (not just points for the top 6 races).
- Guidelines issued by the West Virginia Secondary School Activities Commission limit the type of awards that students may accept to plaques, trophies, certificates, etc. To protect the status of student athletes, all entrants who are enrolled in grades 6 through 12 at the end of the year will be ineligible to receive any series competition award of monetary value.
Everything you ever wanted to know about Age Grading Running Races is here: http://www.eliteracingsystems.com/2007_roadraces_results/agegrade.html
We also have an Age Grading Race Calculator for you.
- Age Graded Points =
We are using the WMA age grading system. Your time will be age graded
using factors that depend upon your age and the distance of the race.
We then take the theoretical world record (for the distance, your age
& sex) and divide it by your time to get a percentage. We multiply by
100 to get an integer. Points will be rounded to the nearest whole
If a 10-year-old male runs a 10K in 42:30 (2550 seconds) his score is 1972/2550 x 100 = 77
If a 55-year-old female runs a 10K in 47:50 (2870 seconds) her score is 2219/2870 x 100 = 77
It's a tie.
- Bonus Points = Morgantown Roadrunner, WV Track Club members (more info) receive 3 points per race. You must be a club member prior to June 30, 2006. Club points will be awarded for all races run prior to and after the deadline. Memberships are good for the calendar year.
- Participation Points = For every mile raced in the series you will receive 1 point. This is not limited to your top six races. Runners who participate in all events will receive 75 points. Kilometers are converted to miles and rounded down for each race.
- Members receive Footnotes, the club's monthly newsletter.
- Members receive applications for local races.
- Members may participate in group training runs and handicapped club races.
- Membership dues are reasonably priced: Individual - $15, Family - $25, Student - $10.
- Get yourself a club membership form (Word Doc)!
Morgantown Roadrunners/WV Track Club
P.O. Box 4159
Morgantown, WV 26504
2006 SERIES SPONSORS
DYNAMIC PHYSICAL THERAPY
SOUTH PARK EXXON
MORGANTOWN PRINTING & BINDING: Providing printing services for the MAGP.
GOT QUESTIONS? WANT MORE INFORMATION?
Rocky Kimble: (304) 291-3381 or email@example.com